An Advanced Primary Care Initiative
Starting November 2016, Post Road Pediatrics will begin offering shared care visits. A shared care visit is an appointment with your pediatrician and our primary care psychologist. Some of the conditions for which we may recommend this visit include toileting issues and constipation, chronic headaches and abdominal pain, sleep difficulty and insomnia, and weight management (to name a few!).
Why a shared visit?
- Certain conditions and challenges such as toileting, chronic headaches, abdominal pain, and sleep difficulty are multifaceted problems that deserve a thorough look into behavioral and emotional components in addition to medical.
- Our primary care psychologist is an expert in this area and her participation in the treatment plan is key!
- We know families are busy, and making time for appointments can be challenging. We are hoping by offering a shared visit, we can accomplish more for you and your family, and come up with a shared plan of care that will truly target the problem.
- We strongly believe this is better care and will lead to better outcomes for your children and your family.
What you need to know:
- Shared care visits may require 2 co-pays depending on your insurance
- Shared care visits may require you complete a registration packet for our psychologist if you have not been seen by her before. See our forms page for this packet